Saturday, April 05, 2008
3rd day of orientation- yesterday
Needed to go school for the library tour & IT talk or something.. The NYP library is really huge, a lot bigger than AMK library! Then we went to the IT talk on how to use the NYP website stuff, on how to use this & check that & so on..
After the whole thing, we went to take a look at the laptops at the IT show(in NYP). Then 2 china men, who are not NYP students wanted to like make use of our identity as NYP students to buy cheaper laptops. I was like, what?! I dunno if it was illegal or not for them to do so. I can understand why they did that but come on la, would you allow a stranger to buy things under your name? If it was like helping someone take my paper(我报) because he/she wanted extras I would oblige, but this is LAPTOP leh.. What if they are hackers or do something funny or what, the person that would be questioned would be ME! They ought to put themselves in our shoes. They kept saying "you'll be doing us a great favour.." I KNOW I would be. It'll certainly be a HUGE favour IF I did so. So me & my friends rejected them indirectly at first & tried to walk away. They ran after us. So I told them that my parents wouldn't allow that to happen (it's true, they didn't allow). Parents to ME are no. 2, after GOD. They were rather persistent till another of my friend, Charmaine kwok helped me. :) We just said sorry we couldn't help them & left. I'd wanted to look at the laptops badly so that I could like make my choice. Oh well, another day I guess. Then I went to ask about my tertiary ez-link card application process, where afterwhich me, charmaine cheong & shi hui went to north canteen to have some prata. Nice seh, all of you out there should try, best prata I've ever tasted. I can consider it better than Jalan Kayu prata. But I still love Jalan Kayu one because they sell good paper pratas & milo dinosaur. :D
Ya, then we walked to YCK MRT & went our seperate ways.
A few things found in the NYP goodie bag given to us on day 2 of orientation. :)
pen&pencil, towel(probably for the gym) & laptop casing :D
posted by: Lim Woon Ching @ 4:52 PM
+ + +




<< Home