Blog Home | http://flytha.spaces.live.com | http://www.facebook.com/lim.woonching

Photobucket

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Dang... dang.. dang dang! Wedding!!!

Saturday - 13/9
This is a continuation from the previous post. haha.
So I was waiting for my uncle at the bus stop to pick me up, followed by my mum & bro. Then..
We went to my uncle's place & changed to another car. heh. I bigger one, to seat 7 ppl. & i was sitting comfortably right at the back of the car. :D nice.

But due to mooncake festival.. the jam at the causeway was horrible..
& hungry ppl like me can make to with a lollipop. haha. I brought mooncakes, apples, soya bean milk..

Then we went to a GIANT there to shop for 'cheaper' goods. True enough, haha. Then i realised jeans there were cheaper than shirts! LOL. Funny.. Then bought a LOT of toilet & tissue paper. haha.. the whole boot of the car was filled with it.. Then my uncle was like if the customs ppl asked about it.. say the family diarrhea la.. no choice.. lols. There was also this topic that circulated around rubberbands. Did you know that ants dislike the smell of rubberbands? My mum tried this theory out and tied the table legs with rubberbands, 1 or 2 rubberbands only. Then the ants really didn't come & attack the food. haha. cool.. So when my uncle saw a huge bag of rubberbands in the supermart, he was like "Look! rubberbands! I'm gonna buy 1 home." In that child-like manner.. considering his age.. haha.

So we reached the wedding venue just on time. haha. Then it was like the door ppl were escorting us up. heh. After we sat down, the wedding officially began. haha. Talk about good timing. :)

It was a normal wedding.

We had 8 dishes in total. All well-suited to my taste buds. :D

  1. Cold dish - some spring rolls, sour & spicy abalone & jellyfish, some fishcake-like thing & prawns & watermelon salad.
  2. Shark fin soup - big mushrooms, shark fin, scallop, prawns, very fragrant soup..
  3. Fried chicken - those you normally see in restaurants, nice crisp golden brown skin.. i went straight for the wings. ;)
  4. Steamed fish - really fragrant, melt in the mouth type. Yummy!
  5. Cereal prawn [麦片虾] - VERY NICE!!! the cereal was so crunchy that i finished it all.. heh.
  6. Mushroom & veggie - You know those big mushrooms that look like abalone? ya, those with veggie. Not bad. :)
  7. Mini pao & otah pao - the paos are seriously very small, smaller than a tennis ball but bigger than a ping pong ball. Around there.
  8. Longan dessert

The wedding had some karaoke session, i feel that the younger generation sing better. heh. The older generation sings ok, but some overdo the vibrating of the voice & it seriously sounds like echoing. haha. Ppl eating & they do that.. make me cannot stop laughing.. i tried to control my laughter.. I really did. But I saw my uncle's face then I couldn't hold it any longer.

The 'Yum Seng' session was very funny too. Normal ppl would use the higher pitched near screaming voice to yum seng right? This time the mic was passed to someone with a super LOW voice.. Sounds very funny la. haha. Made my whole table laugh like crazy. Ah! That voice was something like those slow motion clips on tv. Ya, those type of sound.

Then we didn't manage to take a table photo with the bride & groom because my aunt went to the toilet. HAHA.

So at the ending, we did. :D Thanks to my mum. If not for her, you wouldn't see this photo below as i would have been too shy to ask a stranger to take for us. haha.

my uncle, my mum, my bro, ME, my aunt, my aunt, my uncle, groom, bride.

Its only after the whole thing then I know that the groom is a supervisor in my grandpa's company in the M'sia side. LOL.

Reached home at about 1+am.. Then officially slept at 3am.

Sunday - 14/9

Today. My mum & i tried the New Creation Church @ Suntec City. I quite like this church service.. Considering I woke up at 9am.. i though i would doze off.. instead I didn't, haha. The service was so funny and entertaining and enriching that i did listen quite a bit. I think I might try this church for the rest of my holiday... the queue quite long la.. Early morning went there around 11am and the queue was already there.. long long ah. & the service starts at 11.30am. There are many service timings somemore.. I first timer there la.. can't remember the timings. & there's Holy Communion every week. Not bad. & their announcements are soooo cute! & trendy.

Then went to eat..

I tried apple crumble as dessert. my mum thinks that the apple crumble i made in sec 1 tastes better. haha. I'm honoured. ^-^ But my skills a bit rusty.. need to brush up. So many years ago liao. I loved home econs. I remember for the exam i made apple crumble + fruit icecream complete with orchid flowers for deco. haha. But I still end up taking a science stream in sec 3 & 4. oh well.. At least now i'm in food science. :D
Then went carrefour & raffles city market place.. then outside raffles city I saw this..
the raw art piece.
If you go into these.. you'll see..
this,
& this.
cool right? haha.
Then here I am. home. :) I really need a rest.
my mum's nice, cooked western meal for dinner. :D Yay! but my father's still in m'sia.. I think he's coming back or on his way back now. He'll be back tonight i think. :)
Have a safe trip papa! XD
the simplest prayers are the most powerful prayers.

posted by: Lim Woon Ching @ 6:16 PM


<< Home

+ + +

CHINGZ

Photobucket
Lim Woon Ching

flytha@hotmail.com

I love GOD.
I love my family.
I love my friends.
At a height of 163cM,
& weighing 46kG,
& came to this world on 26 06 1991.
I'm SportY , NOT Violent! :P.
I sLeeP till dawn,
I pLaY till dusk.
& Stoning around~
I'm lovin' em' All
That's coz...
I'm a GiRl.
And a Jumpy one too.. XD


& my parents say I ain't photogenic.


CCAs
NYAA
Track&Field - Jumper


No one is perfect; Thank God for everything I have now. :)







BACKTRACK

+ Cold war's over.
+ my last relaxing week..
+ Aching.. oh the pain!!!
+ Post OLYMPIC blues..
+ Tagged - someone clicked YES on you?
+ How i fight cold??
+ This is the start of a Well-made-used-of holiday. ^-^
+ woonching's view on Olympics :D
+ The difference between woonching before and after ...
+ Exams are OVER!!! Whoots!




JUMP WITH ME


IVP 2009



POL-ITE 2010 *PBs*





TALK






JUMP OUT

Ching's FRIENDSTER
Ching's MULTIPLY
Ching's Physics BLOG


Affiliations

Deyi Photographers
NDP 2009
NDPeeps BLOG
NDPeeps FACEBOOK
NEWater
New Creation Church
SKS BLOG


NYP

NYP
SCL Club BLOG
SCL NYP BLOG
Biochem BLOG Yr1sem2
Biochem FACEBOOK Yr1sem2
FS0803 =D
YEP Cambodia 09


CCAs

NYP athletics BLOG
NYP athletics FACEBOOK
NYP ISG Track & Field
NYP NAPFA
NYP NYAA
NYP NYAA Green Ambassadors
NYP NYAA Green Ambassadors
SCL dodgeball 09


Friends

Abigail
Amanda
Angelina
Ashsiqqin
Celeste
Charmaine c
Cheryl
Dalvin
Deng Hui Min
Doritty
Eng peng
Felicia
Fiona
Gayathri
Gene
Gerard
Huang Jia Xin
Hui Yun
Jasmine
Jia Yun
Jian Chao
Jiang wei
Julia Kwan
Karen
Kenny
Kiayi
Layho
Lim Xinyi
Ling Ying
Loh Jia Xin
Louis
Mandy
Meiyi
Melissa Choo
Murphy
My brother <3
Nabilah
Nurlizah
Nurul
Oliver
Patrick
Peijun
PK
Ren Zhi
Ruiying
Samantha
Sandra
Sherene
Shihui
Shuhui
Skandan
Stefanie
Suqin
Thawit
Vidya
Wanwen
Wanyin
Weichiang
Wei Leng
Weiqi
Weiren
William Chang
Winnie
xinyi
Yee Hua
Zhicong


Important websites

countdown clocks
GlitterGraphics
Imagechef
PhotoFunia
SG Runners
Transitlink S'pore
Youtube



NDP 2009





REVIEW HISTORY







MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Web Tracking




Credits

+ Blogger.com
+ Simple-Blogskins

© 2010. Love me or hate me. Doesn't matter. :p