Blog Home | http://flytha.spaces.live.com | http://www.facebook.com/lim.woonching

Photobucket

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Berkelah Waterfalls Expedition [6-9th April 2009]

Day 1 - 06/04

-went to assemble outside ADC room around 12..
Photobucket
Pearlyn, Adelicia, Me, Marlini, BiZhi, Singhui

-Then we packed in our allocated food stuff and others..
-A briefing..
-some games.. [ding dong..]
-Assigned our secret pal..
-Boarded the bus!
Photobucket
Me, shiying

Then took a 6 hour + journey.. with 2 breaks.. ppl giving their secret pal gifts.. Well, for me.. I slept most of the journey there. hehe.

Day 2 - 07/04

Arrived there around 2+am.. then washed up at the nearby mosque.. Then was assigned sanctuary night duty.. So I slept first.. then woke up to do duty..

My night duty group: shiying & Eli

While doing duty, we played card games.. learnt how to play bluff.. It was fun la. haha. Kept me awake at least. :) Then went back to sleep till 5am..

woke up.. washed up.. cooked breakfast..
played some games..

I'm in Team B.

Team A set off first..

So Team B played more games. [Concentration - animal style]

So the lorry came back again to fetch us. =D
Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket
Ready?

& off we went!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
It was a really fun ride. =D

& we walked..
Photobucket
changed into our shorts..

& trekked all the way up..

My first time trekking more complicated terrains. Quite fun. hehe.

Then there was a stop. We would choose either the water way or the normal trekking up. I a bit kia si one so I chose the normal way of trekking. hehe.

& we arrived! xD
Photobucket
played with water while we waited for the rest..
Photobucket
Group photo!
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
LOL.. wad a face!

ok Team A went for the trekking while we did the tent pitching and cooked lunch..

After lunch..

we trekked upwards..
Photobucket
had to go down some rocks..

& this is the lovely place. xD
Photobucket
Then we played a frog game..

It goes..

1 frog / jump into the water / boing!
2 frogs / 2 frogs / jump into the water / jump into the water / boing! / boing!

& so on.. I think you should get it.. =D

& for the boing! we had to submerge ourselves to shoulder length. Cold sia! hahaha.

& we also had an activity.. we had to split into groups and make something to represent us. So this is my group below. Nadzirah, Sam, Faizal, me and Eli.
Photobucket
Photobucket
went round looking..

Photobucket
still looking..

Photobucket
ok we made this, but all wanted to take photos with it. LOL.

Team B!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

ok for everyone's info, I just grabbed the pics from facebook Pics of me. haha. So every pic has me la. haha!

& I found this particular pic funny..
Photobucket
someone tagged shiying as me. hahaha. & this was what Eli did.. HAHAHAHAHA!

Then yeah.. trekked back down.. had dinner.. the sleep.. night duty was pretty much horrible cos I only slept 2 hours then had to get up.. I was complaining about the mosquitoes.. horrible little pests! Was really glad 2 hours passed and I went back to sleep. =D

the next morning..

Photobucket
breakfast..

after breakfast.. MORNING DIP!!!
Photobucket
the water was really cold. haha! i was the third in the water i think. woah.. But it was a fun experience. :)

Now, its Team B's turn to trek up to the top.
Photobucket
Here we go..

quite slippery.. those rocks with algae.. I fell once. Nearly slipped many times. LOL. have to thank my team mates for supporting me and helping me up many many times. LOL. Without them i doubt I'd have survived.

& we're at the top!
Photobucket
Photobucket
ok I didn't dare to go into the water yet..
Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

ok actually this was pretty scary cos 2 of our team mates nearly drowned. I'm glad they are ok. =D

Photobucket
washing my shoes..

yeah than ate lunch.. also had a chance to jump into the water from a certain height with a float.

Then trekked downwards.. Then we had this abt 3 storeys cliff where we could jump down from. & So I did..

Well, I was nervous as I was slightly afraid of heights and I thought I was a weak swimmer.
HEHE.. my first reaction.. I hit the water.. water shot up my nose.. then I floated up. & I swam to shore. LOL. ooh I can thread water! hahaha!

yeah! then trekked back.. had dinner.. rained again.. sleep..

I slept so soundly that shiying couldn't wake me up for night duty. LOL!

ok nvm.. than next morning.. breakfast.. clear up everything.. then trek down.. then morning dip again 1/2 way down.. Then Reached the base camp! xD

ok than took a pic..
Photobucket
raining still..

All of us including our bags went on the lorry.. A really squeezy ride down..
Photobucket
oh my.. i look spastic. hAHAHA!

ok then went to mosque toilet to change to dry clothes, than boarded the bus back.. At the stop bought loads of yummies..

Then cross custom etc.

When finally reached school, I put down my things and rushed to the toilet to 'bomb!!!'. LOL. In the wilderness.. doing big business is really inconvenient.. gotta dig a hole with a spade.. So I only did the small ones. hehehehe.

& we washed the tents and the mass tins and utensils..
Photobucket


Photobucket
yeah..
Photobucket
Top: ming fei, Taufu, Jonathan, shiying, my secret pal
Bottom: Jiamin, Singhui, Bizhi, me, Sam

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
Jonathan

Photobucket
Keng hao

Photobucket
andy

Photobucket


Photobucket

ok the end. :)

posted by: Lim Woon Ching @ 11:33 PM


<< Home

+ + +

CHINGZ

Photobucket
Lim Woon Ching

flytha@hotmail.com

I love GOD.
I love my family.
I love my friends.
At a height of 163cM,
& weighing 46kG,
& came to this world on 26 06 1991.
I'm SportY , NOT Violent! :P.
I sLeeP till dawn,
I pLaY till dusk.
& Stoning around~
I'm lovin' em' All
That's coz...
I'm a GiRl.
And a Jumpy one too.. XD


& my parents say I ain't photogenic.


CCAs
NYAA
Track&Field - Jumper


No one is perfect; Thank God for everything I have now. :)







BACKTRACK

+ Youth Expedition Project Cambodia Phnom Penh 2009
+ Easter Sunday
+ Save Earth! Do the Green Thing! xD
+ A day off! A day off! xD xD xD
+ Berkelah Waterfalls Camp
+ A fun day out! xD ~ Saturday
+ busy busy~
+ ARGH Its still the holidays but I'm feeling pressu...
+ This post will be a bit rojak. heh. Botany Botany!
+ hi-yah!




JUMP WITH ME


IVP 2009



POL-ITE 2010 *PBs*





TALK






JUMP OUT

Ching's FRIENDSTER
Ching's MULTIPLY
Ching's Physics BLOG


Affiliations

Deyi Photographers
NDP 2009
NDPeeps BLOG
NDPeeps FACEBOOK
NEWater
New Creation Church
SKS BLOG


NYP

NYP
SCL Club BLOG
SCL NYP BLOG
Biochem BLOG Yr1sem2
Biochem FACEBOOK Yr1sem2
FS0803 =D
YEP Cambodia 09


CCAs

NYP athletics BLOG
NYP athletics FACEBOOK
NYP ISG Track & Field
NYP NAPFA
NYP NYAA
NYP NYAA Green Ambassadors
NYP NYAA Green Ambassadors
SCL dodgeball 09


Friends

Abigail
Amanda
Angelina
Ashsiqqin
Celeste
Charmaine c
Cheryl
Dalvin
Deng Hui Min
Doritty
Eng peng
Felicia
Fiona
Gayathri
Gene
Gerard
Huang Jia Xin
Hui Yun
Jasmine
Jia Yun
Jian Chao
Jiang wei
Julia Kwan
Karen
Kenny
Kiayi
Layho
Lim Xinyi
Ling Ying
Loh Jia Xin
Louis
Mandy
Meiyi
Melissa Choo
Murphy
My brother <3
Nabilah
Nurlizah
Nurul
Oliver
Patrick
Peijun
PK
Ren Zhi
Ruiying
Samantha
Sandra
Sherene
Shihui
Shuhui
Skandan
Stefanie
Suqin
Thawit
Vidya
Wanwen
Wanyin
Weichiang
Wei Leng
Weiqi
Weiren
William Chang
Winnie
xinyi
Yee Hua
Zhicong


Important websites

countdown clocks
GlitterGraphics
Imagechef
PhotoFunia
SG Runners
Transitlink S'pore
Youtube



NDP 2009





REVIEW HISTORY







MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Web Tracking




Credits

+ Blogger.com
+ Simple-Blogskins

© 2010. Love me or hate me. Doesn't matter. :p