Blog Home | http://flytha.spaces.live.com | http://www.facebook.com/lim.woonching

Photobucket

Thursday, October 09, 2008

NYAA camp 2008! + MINDS preparation.

Tuesday - 7/10

[1st day of camp]

Woke up pretty early & my nice papa drove me to school seeing my pathetic state. Weee! So i met shihui & charmaine at the atrium and walked to Block E.

Thought we were late, but there were ppl even later than us. lol. My first thought was how come this camp have so few ppl.. lol. Somemore first time I see the guys outnumber the girls..

Then we played loads of ice-breaker games or something.. can't quite remember. lol.. as we waited for the rest to arrive. we got split into our groups. Our group leader is Matthew. & my final group members are ... *ps forgot names again.. nvm.. it's on the so called sandwich. lols.

Then we were playing a game called Octopus, whereby it starts with one person being the catcher and when he/she catches another person, he/she must hold one of his/her hands. & the chain will get longer and longer.. I was the 3rd last being caught. LOL. An achievement ain't it? haha. :D But poor charmaine fell.. & that bruise was like..eek! omg..

Then we had lunch.. i took chinese food.. black pepper meat + asparagus + something else.. hmm.. I dunno. But the malay food seemed more appetizing? ahaha.

Then i was eating 1/2 way when someone called my name. I turned around. Eh, hendarto? lol. Nice to see someone you know in camps, haha. Come to think of it.. when can I go back to NEWater visitors centre? :/ dread that sch timetable. Then we went back into our groups to do up the board and come up with a cheer, think about the performance, choose a mascot..

Then we had outdoor games. [a place where you see the most violent side of me.. *smiles evil-y] We played Captains' ball. LOL.. the prob with me is that I can get too engrossed in the game, that all I see is the ball. haha. So to those guys I smacked or pulled or whatever, I apologise. Ppl like me cannot control my arms that well. But there was once where I seemed to be preventing that person from passing the ball by pulling him, was because I was about to fall. & no way am i gonna fall down. LOL. I'd rather live than to fall down. Blood irks me. So I apologise again. But they are guys la, more open-minded. At least this is what I think. :P So i am a violent girl, avoid me during sports, especially contact sports. whahaha.

Then what happened ah? dinner? lol.. I can't remember..

charmaine & my groups sat just side by side. ahaha..

Their group board. ^
she's..
Hendarto's in charmaine's group.
LOL...
NOW LOOK! This is my group's board. OREO's our group name. and that cow is drawn by me. group members voted for it.. I was just doodling cows.. LOL. So we have OREO cow.


me. and you can see shi hui and cheryl in the background.

Then we had a night trail which was basically pathetic for my group and me. LOL. The first station we went to already took us 45mins. Just looking for the clue. Then we found the newspaper and played that game where everybody had to stand on the newspaper for 5 seconds without falling. I think the girls suffered more. We were physically shorter so whatever smell was there, was there. It is during this game where you will realise the importance of being tall enough to breathe the fresher air above. & it came to a stage where I had to be piggybacked.. I practically somersaulted off the guy with a forward roll, as he stood up butt-first. Heng I learn aikido, wakaka.. forward roll. ok then nvm.. we were clueless about the clue's whereabouts.. then called for help.. then yay, next station. Finally.

Then Matthew made us walk like crazy.. dunno purposely skipping the first pagoda or wad (where the clue was hidden) and going to the further one.. wah.. we searched all 4 before we found the clue. Then played crossword puzzle, a type of puzzle that I like. heh.


Then, we went to somewhere.. then to somewhere.. and played the card stacking thing. Big waste of time there and there wasn't any reception. So we played until 1.30am then the our group leaders found us.. saying the games stopped at 1am. -.- Made me sit there and rot. Luckily for cheryl's cold jokes, my time spent rotting there was greatly lessened. ^-^

Wah then bathed so late.. the other group girls were like waiting for us to go for bath. Because it was late at night. So sweet of them. :)

our sleeping bags. Slept i think around 3am..







Wednesday - 8/10



[2nd day of camp]

9.30am was the assembly time. quite reasonable. haha. Then we had our breakfast. Then we discussed the plot for the skit. I was the narrator because I drew the cow. :P

Mervin writing out the script. and shihui's leg had Captains' ball injuries. poor things.. And the violent girl didn't fall even though she was hiong. =x

Then after the discussion, we played tug of war. We lost 1, we won 1. lol. And I had rope burn. lol. my skin is quite thin lol. A bit of friction like that liao. :(

Then after the discussion, we played soccer. lol.. a long 3 years since I last played it properly.. ahaha.. it is fun but irritating because you spend so much hardwork kicking a ball and running after it on the field only to see it being kicked right away by the opponent.. LOL. I was the defender for my group. LOL. Group OREO & GENESIS vs. RAPTURES & LEGENDARY SLUTS. and our team had more girls.. so more girls joined in from the committee. & as expected, i was blamed for the guys getting injured. Some were true, like Kenny's whereby when I was about to kick, his leg suddenly appeared and I kicked his ankle. -.- like omg.. felt so bad.. Of course I kicked hard.. Do you expect a soft kick to have a soccer ball flying over to the other side of the field? Perhaps.. but I'm not a professional. lols. so paiseh once again. I do agree.. i can be pretty violent. But these violence are REALLY purely accidental. It is just a game, why would I bother kicking ppl or smaking ppl. I'd have joined taekwondo if I wanted to. lol. But i joined aikido. lol.

But sincerely sorry again to those i injured. Because i wasn't injured one bit. ok, except for that rope burn.

Then we had 400 seconds something.. Oreo had to form the name OREO.. or for how we formed 'OrEO' lol. i was the 'r'. then it went on... and we had to shout 'NYAA is the best' I can't remember. =x Then other groups had their turn doing some other stuff.. it was like a relay. not against the groups, but against time.

Then we had lunch, then it rained.

So when it rained, we took an afternoon nap. LOL! Went into our aircon sleeping area to nap for a long 2 hours till the rain stopped. haha.

Then we played water games! Which = get wet.
The 1st game:
Stand in a circle and pass a ball around. When the music stops, the person holding the ball will kanna water bombs and all.. of course everyone had a turn getting wet. lols. some had 2 turns due to some miscalculation by the person playing the music.
The 2nd game:

It was an obstacle course.. competing with other groups.

  1. Spin round the umbrella 10 times.
  2. Run to the next station.
  3. Blow the ping pong ball floating on a cup of water from the first cup to the 5th.
  4. Run to the next station.
  5. Use your feet to pick up 2 water bombs and hang it on a bamboo pole, 1 at a time.
  6. Run to the next station.
  7. Throw 5 water bombs in the air and burst it on top of your head.
  8. Run to the last station.
  9. Use the Styrofoam cups provided which had holes in them to collect water and fill up the bottle on group mate's head. Each person only allowed 1 cup.

it was pretty ok for me cause i'm not those that get dizzy easily. I've probably sub-consciously found a loophole to not feel dizzy. ahaha.. I dunno..

Then the 3rd game.

Just fill up the plastic bags provided and throw them at whoever you wanted to. Group Oreo allied with the legendary sluts. lol.. I dunno the reason but it should be because most of our group mates know one another even before the camp. lol. Talk about coincedences. So threw the water bombs everywhere. LOL.

Then after looking perfectly pathetic and drenched, we went to bathe. ahaha.

Then discussed further the skit and ate dinner.

After dinner..


Performance Night!

our preparation in dressing up our mascot..

wan yin putting on make up for our mascot.
Matthew putting on the make up. i'm gonna get kanna whacked by the mascot for posting it here. =x
The catwalk!
Oreo mascot.
Raptors mascot.
?
o.o Legendary sluts mascot.

and last year's winner..


adren. lol.
eh posing..

0.o

the obscenity..
announcing the winners
Genesis mascot 2nd runner up or was it 1st? lol..

ok.. next pic.
there was a 'kiss me' written with lipstick on our mascot.. so that's where the kiss went.
Raptor's skit.
I like their board. :)
Legendary slut's skit.

lol.
The legendary sluts again.
we had to take a pic with pretty hendarto. LOL.
ahaha..
he wears that all the time.. 0.o even during the games..

yes! we played more games!!!

we played dodgeball, i dunno the spelling of the game whereby the ppl would stand in 1 line and pass down a message or word or whatever with only actions. and the last person has the honour of guessing. we also played Island where ppl would stand in 3s and there'll be a catcher and a person running. When the person grabs one side of the 3 ppl, the last person in that row would have to run and find another island to cling on to. I like this game. haha. Then we were like sticky and stuff.. boo.. somemore the aircon was turned off.. It was 3am. 7 hours since bath time. LOL.

So we ate our supper.. & we got left over light sticks. :)

ahaha.. playing with light sticks.

hairband. haha.
I need to fatten up more! I can actually fit a light stick on my leg..

Then was so tired.. but talked a bit to charmaine before falling fast asleep.

wah.. woke up early at 7.45am to go to charmaine's house to get her MINDS stuff.. and it was freezing once again in that room. 2 days in a row I turned off the fan in the room. The girls were like shivering.. lol! The aircon on-s at around 6am I think. Then rushed to Sembawang after washing up and was back in an hour +. just on time for going to MINDS. Then when we went to the sports hall, we realised that the timing was changed to 1pm.. -.- and being in camp, we couldn't check our mails.. and no one bothered to sms us. so the 4 of us went back to camp.

we ate breakfast and went into the room for debriefing and prize presentation.

yes! Group OREO was..
...
...
...

LAST! ahahaha. Expected anyway. We lost like crazy in all of the games.. well, most. haha.

but we still got loads of goodies. :)

3rd went to Genesis,
2nd went to Raptors,
1st went to LEGENDARY SLUTS! ahaha..
I knew they would win. heh.

so i took a group photo of their side view.. :P

and i asked someone to 'shun bian' help take a photo with my phone. The campers. :D
the goodies.
the big fan I had to switch off every morning. LOL. I'll miss it. :'(

I really miss NYAA camp.. it was so fun! ^-^

Then we proceeded to sports hall with our bulky luggage. Settled some stuff and all then we went to eat lunch. Charmaine and I only.
eh lor mee? yup.. price ^ liao..
I was entrust with the duty of giving out balloons to the various stalls. weee! & shihui kept far far away..

this is shihui's stall.
ruiying's stall.
charmaine's stall.
My stall! haha.
Yay! go home! My camp bag(on shihui's right) matches exactly with shihui's attire. ahaha. :)


omg.. camp is like sooooooooo fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i wanna go to next year's!!!
and the sentosa chalet thing? I wanna go!
anyone wanna go too? tell me!
ahahaha. I hyper liao.
bb peeps!
time to rest..

posted by: Lim Woon Ching @ 6:31 PM


<< Home

+ + +

CHINGZ

Photobucket
Lim Woon Ching

flytha@hotmail.com

I love GOD.
I love my family.
I love my friends.
At a height of 163cM,
& weighing 46kG,
& came to this world on 26 06 1991.
I'm SportY , NOT Violent! :P.
I sLeeP till dawn,
I pLaY till dusk.
& Stoning around~
I'm lovin' em' All
That's coz...
I'm a GiRl.
And a Jumpy one too.. XD


& my parents say I ain't photogenic.


CCAs
NYAA
Track&Field - Jumper


No one is perfect; Thank God for everything I have now. :)







BACKTRACK

+ Happy Birthday Charmaine!!! :D
+ Timetable blues - Back to childhood ^-^
+ new cube - aikido grading - anticipation
+ My past.. the early sec 2 year..
+ I'm never gonna suntan again.. even if I do, I'll ...
+ sicksicksick.. curse the sickness..
+ Food-aikido-tradition
+ The best way to get sunburnt without trying...
+ It's a Friday!!! XD housework day..
+ Does my chinese name mean anything??? :/




JUMP WITH ME


IVP 2009



POL-ITE 2010 *PBs*





TALK






JUMP OUT

Ching's FRIENDSTER
Ching's MULTIPLY
Ching's Physics BLOG


Affiliations

Deyi Photographers
NDP 2009
NDPeeps BLOG
NDPeeps FACEBOOK
NEWater
New Creation Church
SKS BLOG


NYP

NYP
SCL Club BLOG
SCL NYP BLOG
Biochem BLOG Yr1sem2
Biochem FACEBOOK Yr1sem2
FS0803 =D
YEP Cambodia 09


CCAs

NYP athletics BLOG
NYP athletics FACEBOOK
NYP ISG Track & Field
NYP NAPFA
NYP NYAA
NYP NYAA Green Ambassadors
NYP NYAA Green Ambassadors
SCL dodgeball 09


Friends

Abigail
Amanda
Angelina
Ashsiqqin
Celeste
Charmaine c
Cheryl
Dalvin
Deng Hui Min
Doritty
Eng peng
Felicia
Fiona
Gayathri
Gene
Gerard
Huang Jia Xin
Hui Yun
Jasmine
Jia Yun
Jian Chao
Jiang wei
Julia Kwan
Karen
Kenny
Kiayi
Layho
Lim Xinyi
Ling Ying
Loh Jia Xin
Louis
Mandy
Meiyi
Melissa Choo
Murphy
My brother <3
Nabilah
Nurlizah
Nurul
Oliver
Patrick
Peijun
PK
Ren Zhi
Ruiying
Samantha
Sandra
Sherene
Shihui
Shuhui
Skandan
Stefanie
Suqin
Thawit
Vidya
Wanwen
Wanyin
Weichiang
Wei Leng
Weiqi
Weiren
William Chang
Winnie
xinyi
Yee Hua
Zhicong


Important websites

countdown clocks
GlitterGraphics
Imagechef
PhotoFunia
SG Runners
Transitlink S'pore
Youtube



NDP 2009





REVIEW HISTORY







MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Web Tracking




Credits

+ Blogger.com
+ Simple-Blogskins

© 2010. Love me or hate me. Doesn't matter. :p