Friday, October 03, 2008
I'm never gonna suntan again.. even if I do, I'll bring sunBLOCK!
Sunday - 28/9
Basically, I went to church, but this time, it is held at the Singapore Indoor Stadium. Well, it's like that once a month. If not it's at Suntec. Then yeah.. I was sick.. so i was basically praying for healing. haha.
Then went to eat at Pepper lunch @AMK hub with my mum & papa. My bro ate a quick meal at Macs as he had to go for tuition. So he didn't have the luxury of dining with us. =x Well, I love the cheapest meal on the menu.. not the ice creams nor the juices.. but the rice. haha. I can't remember the name of the dish.. oh gosh.. my poor memory. nvm..
Then went shopping at the NTUC Fairprice. I dun like shopping for groceries there.. especially on weekends & public holidays.. But I like their variety. haha.
Then went to some petrol kiosk to redeem $10 worth of whatever.. I mean whatever, not the drink. So I chose some lozenges, and my ice cream. The paddle pop Magic. haha. it's just 60cents. But i love it anyway.
oh yeah, & it was my first time watching F1 racing.. omg.. it's sooo nice. Singapore roads are so uneven and narrow.. I could see sparks from the bottom of the car as they pass some parts of the track. & it was so hard to overtake.. There was only 1 part of the track where overtaking was fairly possible. Well, I do look forward to next year's but I do not look forward to the road diversions..
Monday - 29/9
I went to the Singapore Flyer for a Children's day event briefing. We were to be ushers. heh.
So..
So..
Shihui and I met at Far East Plaza (my favourite haunt other than my house), and we had lunch at my favourite eatery. I ate Tom Yam seafood ramen while shihui ate Spicy seafood ramen. Looked almost the same but mine had a slightly lighter colour. If not I wouldn't know which was mine. Besides.. it wouldn't make much of a difference to me as my sense of smell was partially disabled by that blocked nose..
After lunch, we made our way to the Singapore Flyer.. losing our way twice. haha. All thanks to the road diversion. and blockages everywhere.
So..
we ended up walking on the road..
F1 haha. Walking along the F1 pathway..
Ah hui.
the place where ppl could buy the F1 merchandise the day before.
sorry, i just had to take a pic to prove that I was there. haha.
the seats.
I'm walking on the F1 track!!! omg.. never dreamed of doing so... as I said, i'm easily satisfied.
she say her hair messy dun wanna take pic.. so I take back view lor. =x
more ppl walking..
look! a portable water cooler. haha. Should be from the F1. haha.
Our future IR. haha.
the seats..
ahaha.. i'm the last person coming down. Nah.
the lights..
this was what we had to pass through..
trucks everywhere..
there was this black plastic thing from preventing passerbys from viewing the F1.. smart.. so the seats would be more ex. That's what I heard on the news.. the seats part is just an assumption. heh.
Look at the tyre marks.
I very obvious mark.
this is the 2 way bend where some cars make the wrong turn and end up wasting precious seconds..
The flyer.
Yay! getting closer.
Destination reached!
Someone seems to be dozing off..
I like this yakult garden or mini rainforest thingy.. so pretty.
and the waterfall is so cooling..The briefing only lasted like less than an hour.. spent more time waiting for ppl to arrive.. -.-
this stupid grasshopper-like thingy was on my bag.. freak.. And we went to esplanade.. and sat somewhere comfy to rest a while. then we made our way to the MRT.
on the way..
hahaha.
I'm angry.. the stupid bus fares had to be raised.. boo la. As if i'm not paying enough now.. wth.. increase the fare by 4-5cents.. bully la. on a lighter note, transfers are cheaper. But.. I dun have to transfer buses or what during school time.. wth..
then we went chat a while, then went to chameleon..then went aikido.
on the way..
hahaha.I'm angry.. the stupid bus fares had to be raised.. boo la. As if i'm not paying enough now.. wth.. increase the fare by 4-5cents.. bully la. on a lighter note, transfers are cheaper. But.. I dun have to transfer buses or what during school time.. wth..
I met charmaine for dinner at Far East again at the same eatery. haha. I tried the minced meat noodles.. nice!
then we went chat a while, then went to chameleon..then went aikido. Tuesday - 30/9
Went NEWater tourism centre for practice tour.. the prob is.. we're practicing on REAL life tourists.. omg.. Didn't expect that..
So since my nose wasn't obedient, I let charmaine take the first shift and I took the second 10 45 shift. Guess what.. the 09 00 shift was 2 businessmen. Mine was 42 Thai students + their teachers.. I was like eh? Thai?! was trembling about it.. hehe..
Charmaine's tour was alright.. but a lot of parts were taken over by the other guide as you dun expect businessmen to play games right? Besides.. the games are designed for children. haha.
so after her shift.. we had a lot of time to practice for mine as it was a short shift. haha.
overall, i think the Thai students were nice.. love taking photos.. were all so gentle and nice.. They pardoned my nervousness I guess.. haha. How in the world do you expect a shy person to be confident all of a sudden? lols. In fact.. I didn't know what I was blabbering about.. I even forgot my lines!!! crap. But it was ok.. first time mah. nvm.. Then they wanted to take photos with the guides.. so yeah.. Then as you talk.. you can see them taking photos of you.. eh 1 hour of stardom? haha..
Then at the end of the tour. I helped them take a group pic. So when I was about to return them their cameras.. more of them swarmed round me wanting to take pics with me.. I find it hard to reject ppl.. so i obliged till a senior guide told me to stop. heh. aiyah, ppl new la.. dunno la. Well, my good point is also my bad point.. I guess that's me. sigh.. I shall learn how to reject ppl properly, starting now. =x
So anyway, we went Far East plaza to eat again. yes.. same stall.. and we tried other SLice flavours for dessert.
Charmaine's "Hot Chick".
My "First kiss" LOL. Sounds seriously wrong. :/Then went home and snoozed till I dunno when.
Wednesday - 1/10
Children's day event at Singapore Flyer!
was to meet shihui at 12.30pm.. thought I was running late again so I took bus 54 to Newton MRT and took the MRT down to city hall MRT.

walking.. walking..oh yes, and they distributed the shirts. Black in colour..
omg.. the children..
ok la.. after this experience, i dun think kids are that bad. heh.
waiting for their turn..
the flyer..
Me, shihui, ruiying.
interesting.. haha.
the Grand Prix advertisement on the escalator.
me, shihui, ruiying. oh yeah, we had fun together, haha.
some stall selling soveniers.
the yakult vending machine.
the boy is like so adorable.
we were bored after all the ushering.. so we played with the hoops for shihui's stall for the MINDS carnival thing.
we were definitely bored.. so we checked out the carnival.
so these photos are proof that we were there. haha.
we were hungry..
so we went to Popeye's to eat. A $9.90 set meal.. split into 3 portions.. pathetic eh?
so we had the bento set provided by the organisers..
then after the whole thing, shihui & I went to Marina Square.. and bade farewell to ruiying.
so these photos are proof that we were there. haha.
we were hungry..
so we went to Popeye's to eat. A $9.90 set meal.. split into 3 portions.. pathetic eh? obviously it wasn't enough for the glutton(me)..
so we had the bento set provided by the organisers..
then after the whole thing, shihui & I went to Marina Square.. and bade farewell to ruiying. then walked a bit and talked a bit.. then i was feeling tired.. sick mah.. so i just sat on a bench and fell asleep.
Then I had to meet my family for dinner at Suntec crystal jade.. so I bade farewell to shihui as well and walked..
So this was what I ate.
Mango pudding.. very nice but ex. the bento set was very filling la. then i just ate the leftovers. haha.
my mum.. seen through an empty glass cup. What we call a new perspective. :P
Then we watched the laser lights show. and we dedicated a message for my bro wishing him all the best for his exams..
can't take the full thing.. but it read.."To: yangchin from: mummy, pa and sis all the best for your exams!!!" sweet eh? haha.
I've finally celebrated Children's Day after missing it for 5 years.. sobs*
Thursday - 2/10
I went with shihui & charmaine to...
Yes, Sentosa. like again.. lols.I was a bit late.. supposed to meet them at 11.30am.. but I boarded bus 855 at only 11am. haha.. confirm late lor. Because the bus journey is about 35-40mins. better than mrt la. then we went in by monorail again..
see the future IR.. hmm.. do you see much change?
human beings look small when they're standing there.. there's a guy walking..
ok, & we took the beach tram to Palawan beach.
green colour one.
and tried out the sunglasses. haha. not bad.. blocks out a lot of sunlight.
see 2 spiders mating? they were suspended on a web.. my phone camera not good la.. so cannot take them properly.. it is the blur thing right in front.As you know, all of us are frightened of spiders.. so we decided to go Siloso beach.
playing with water..
take photo..
weee...
she found something.
ok that's me.. haha.. wanting a proper tan..
my feet's buried..
and the scenery..
i dunno which one of them wrote this..
nice pose? lol
the shore was full of these..
oh ho ho.. charmaine found a coconut.. and shihui smacks it with a stick..
more unglam shots coming up.. =x
eew.. seems like the seaweed like thingys are sperming.. horny..
she has a great mind to get wet.
in the water.
lovely clouds..
more seaweed..
UNGLAM! all caught on camera. shihui's gonna kill me.
playing with seaweed..
me.
charmaine playing with the wood.. and decorated it with seaweed.
me stepping on coconuts...jpg)
some NJC students throwing each other into the sea.so we went to palawan amphitheatre to watch some animal show.. for free. lol.
took photos with the parrot.
shihui.
charmaine.
the show..
the clever monkey.
simba the parrot.. very smart.. can count numbers.
yeah. looks white rats!!!
what's in that box?
right in front of us.
ooh a snake. haha. actually, i watched this show before.. that explains why i sat there. haha.
then we took the sentosa bus back to Harbour Front bus interchange ..
eh? then i took 855 home.. then badly sunburnt.. my shoulders hurt like crazy.. got aikido grading somemore.. die.
Friday - 3/10
Tour guiding hands-on 2. went there early in the morning.. super early..
then this time, I took the earlier shift.. the guests were Primary 4 kids + their teachers + some ppl from the Singapore Navy. ooh la la.
a total of 100+ ppl. :O
but it was a bit nerve wrecking and all.. because i dun exactly interact with kids often.. haha.. i think this attempt was better than my previous attempt. haha. I managed to crap out something when I forgot my lines.. and the children were well behaved.. impressive leh.. I expected them to run around like crazy.. they apparently didn't. And i learnt a few skills from Elthea, a guide there, on how to do crowd control because I'm not thick-skinned enough and i'm completely helpless when it comes to this. With children.. 1 silent clap. haha.
Charmaine's one was near 100 ppl too.. but hers was a bit more complicated.. there were both chinese and english speaking ppl.. so charmaine did the english part then the other guide was like the translator. then some ppl were late.. and i think also have some Korean tourists.. faints*.. then after charmaine's part of the first 1/2 of the tour, the chinese speaking tour guide led the malaysians and the another tour guide lead the english speakers.. caucasians, singaporeans and all.. so one went in first.. then.. the chinese group already almost finish the tour.. then some china nationals popped in.. they were late.. then they joined the english tour..
so you see.. it was rather complicated.. haha..
might not be tour guiding for sometime as school is starting and next week i'm fully booked.. so you see.. with my this type of schedule.. how to work??
i like. ^-^
one of the staff there gave us magazines.. so nice of her. :) I'd love to go back to continue guiding. I will. :DThen charmaine was supposed to meet shihui but it was apparently cancelled.. so we spent even more quality time together. hahaha. I love spending quality time with charmaine. haha. We have similar tastes in food, mindsets, dress sense and principles. haha.
so we went where?
yup, you guessed it. Far East plaza.
Ate where?
Yes, the same stall.
What did I eat?
Yup, minced meat noodles.. cause it's cheaper. $3 :P
wakaka..
wakaka..
and opposite the food stall was a newly opened hair salon.. I was looking at it as i ate.. omg.. $5.90 for hair cut.. opening promotion.. So I went. ahaha.. and I feel 'light-headed' now. ahaha.. hair takes a shorter time to dry.. whoopie!!!
and charmaine is the 2nd friend of mine to see my hair being cut. ahaha. You ought to be honoured. *winks at charmaine. x)
Then we talked so long and we went home..
then I started the gruelling task of uploading all these photos..
Then I blogged every now and then..
Till it's completed.
Like now.
Finally.
Done.
Yay!
Now i have to find a way to nurse my sunburns so that i can be at my tip top composure for tmr's aikido grading.. I mean Sunday. Because the time now is 1.18pm, Saturday.
School's a week away and I simply dread it..
Holidays rule!
It'll only stink for those ppl who didn't bother to find things to occupy themselves.. ok la.. maybe some ppl miss their friends. Now that's a good excuse for wanting school to start soon.
But projects, reports and tests and assignments? boo..
Sigh.. I like to do things individually.. cos diff ppl have diff opinions and its so hard to find a perfect time to meet up.. And somehow.. that's why projects serve to waste time and pull down grades..
But it builds up life skills.. I guess we'll just have to live with it. sigh..
Pray that group members are cooperative and united.. That's all I hope for.. If not, the 3 year bus journey would be so horrible.. (if you remember what the discipline master said during team-building)
toodles.
God is LOVE
posted by: Lim Woon Ching @ 6:15 PM
+ + +


.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)



<< Home