Thursday, December 31, 2009
Reflections on Year 2009
My 1st attempted blog template pic.

Nice la. :D I used only microsoft office can..

the 3rd & decidedly BEST of the 3. :D

So there it is. Right up there. :D
YEP Cambodia 2009

Definitely honoured to be selected to go for this Overseas CIP. Met lovely students from Pong Tik High School, a great bunch of YEP friends & great lecturers. haha. :D Made me realise how much Singaporeans (generally & frankly speaking) lack in their manners & work attitude. D: Oops. =x
World Leadership Conference aka WLC

YES! Us GA members went to attend this 5 day conference during our short 2 week June holiday. We got to learn more about environmental issues around the world & ways we could help save & rescue the environment from degrading further. Met many youths like us from other countries, mainly indonesia. lols. WLC actually bonded us GA committee. haha. We also made friends with Patrick & Jinghui who were in-charge of our well-being. haha. :D
NYAA Orientation Camp 2009

I think this was the 1st camp that I was part of the organizing committee. It took up quite a lot of time & patience to complete the proposal. But I think the camp was really enjoyable as a whole, the campers had fun (I think so), we (OGLs & committee) had fun too. Affirmative! xD I was the female toilet ghost btw.. haha!

ah yes, this girl is getting old.. A real adult now. I don't understand why 12 years old is already considered an adult when it comes to buying plane tickets.. I suppose either some 12 year olds already have the large body build like big people or the airline companies just want to earn more profits.. child's tickets are dreadible.. 1stly, they are annoying, 2ndly, they fly cheaply. Back to topic *fast forward* I'd like to thank everyone who celebrated this nice day (cos it isn't on common test day like 2008's -__-)with/for me. *kao tous to everyone*

Its not very often you get an invitation letter from the Minister of Foreign Affairs to invite you to any event. Lucky us! hehe. Thanks Joan for the recommendation. :) I can never thank her enough for this! Got to shake hands with Mr George Yeo (Minister of Foreign Affairs). :D & we ate interASEAN food & watched a very nice video/movie -> The Rainbow Troops. :D Really enlightened by the whole thing, & I realise even more, the importance of maintaining close ties with neighbouring countries. :)
NDP Chapter 6 2009!!!!

This was one of the greatest decisions I've made in year 2009. Frankly speaking, I was very loaded with assignments & homework & cca matters at that time. Still, when I saw that email than Joan sent about joining NDP, I thought for a day & a night & decided to email the person-in-charge - Jiang da. Personally I did consider to join wushu in NYP.. I've got too many interests.. so I had to forego some.. which is quite sad but not regrettable. hehe. With that, I enjoyed thoroughly all the trainings of this martial arts sport. Made some pretty good friends whom I'm going BBQ with tmr. hehe. :D Actually I knew that by joining this, my grades would be affected. They sure were, but I still don't regret 1 bit. Fun what. :P Rather than be a no-lifer. Oops. =x & I overcame everything in the end. CCA stuffs, immense piles of school work.. with nights having the keyboard as the pillow...

Yes I am Christian & I'm proud of it. All my proudest memories are all by his glory & grace! As my quote on msn -> 'Without God, we cannot. Without US, God will not' For he is the ONE & ONLY! :D I've truly experienced his greatness personally & I'm intending to write a testimonial of his grace once I graduate from Poly education. haha. For if I have to write 1, I'll write a long one. :D So... I decided that I WILL be Baptised on this very date (3/10/09). & now I'm an official member of NEW CREATION CHURCH! I will join the youth service soon for better prospects. :D

Gotta thank Joan once again for sending me to OBS. :) It was really an enjoyable experience that made me realise that as long it is not mosquitoes or other stuff that bite or sting, I'm pretty much ok with nature at its serene state. :D I don't mind rolling in the mud, though my mum minds (those muddy loads of laundry, argh!). hahaha! Jungle trekking would be more enjoyable without the mozzies. Though I was kiasu enough to reapply mosquito repellent at every rest stop. LOL! Kayaking was the best! No crocodiles, no sharks! Excellent. Omg.. I never want to meet either. Yes, & new friends. :D
IVP 2009!!!

This is one of Lim Woon Ching's biggest achievements in her life. To cut it short, I broke the triple jump NYP record. It still serves as a motivation for me to do better.. though it is such a high-injury-probability sport.. Gotta eat more protein & collagen! My poor joints.. Gotta thank Ronnie for training me for 1 year already! I will do my best to break my PB as often as I can. LOL! (Quite a hard promise to live up to =x) & yes.. I look spastic when I jump.

YES! this was fun! 1st time in my entire life tonning (spending the night outside). LOL! I even slept on the steps of the padang. ROFL. I just wanna join again as a volunteer or as a runner (when I find a bf to run with me) *smiles sheepishly*

haha. Soon.. after poly I guess.. I will be as stiff as a tree. =x
Ah Ching really enjoyed the last moments of 2009. The memories will always live on but the person can change, or may not. Heard of the saying? -> 'The leopard can't change its spots' Hmm.. actually come to think of it.. I think its superficial. Cos.. its the same thing as saying 'A person cannot change his/her fingerprints' No matter how you burn it or whatever.. when the new skin forms, the fingerprints are still there & exactly the same. Tada! solved the mystery. :P I will change, I did change. Can't say to the better or the worst.. in both ways I guess. I'm not born to please everyone anyway. As long as I'm happy, I guess its fine. hehe. =x
posted by: Lim Woon Ching @ 11:10 AM
+ + +




<< Home