YJC--- the memories..
day 1:
First day of schooling in YJC. I woke up at 5.30am & wore the deyi uniform which had been sitting in my wardrobe for quite a long period of time. I resumed my early morning run to the bus stop, passing by some old ppl doing taichi. I wonder how they can get up faithfully so early in the morning when I'm already struggling to roll out of bed.
I could take 2 buses to YJC--851&852. Better than waiting for that 74 to go to deyi. I actually took the 1st bus of the day! Haha. Just in case I would be late for school. (we might get lost >.< )
Well, I did get lost. Embarressingly, it wasn't my 1st time going there either.. I alighted at the wrong bus stop! I was supposed to meet Vidya at Khatib MRT station!! So I messaged her. She alighted at Yishun bus interchange. Yup, we both got lost.
So we met at Khatib MRT at last but we didn't know how to get to school! We asked around & well, just walked & walked. We thought we would be late but arrived suprisingly on time. However.. we realised that most of the students were late =.= so i went to the board to see which OG I was posted to. OG11. ok.. I saw Julia, she's in the same OG as me. Hooray! I bade farewell to Vidya & proceeded to buy the orientation package of $30 (orientation t-shirt & PE tee & year bk & diary)
My first impression of the PAE students were that there were lots of the male species. Usually I see a lot more females in my previous schools. Well anyway.. 1st days are meant to be boring.
We did some ice breaker games like whacko where no one could remember my name, so i was in no danger at all. As far as i can remember, only the OGLs, Julia & Elias called my name. Lim Woon Ching.. okay.. is my name really that difficult to remember? okay.. YES!
Lots of subject talks followed.. zzz Then was lunch..
I was rather anti-social then as I was still too shy to talk. I am shy & not a sociable person by nature. Then we had some partnering stuff [ as we walk to the left.. walk.. walk..] changed dunno how many guy partners.. -.-
That's all for day 1.
day 2:
Many ppl pon school.. day 1's subject talks scared them away, haha.. Talks the whole morning.. sian. So we were rather relieved when the talks ended and were brought to the squash court to learn the college song.
.: College song :.
** Students of Yishun Junior College
Gather round your alma mater
Sing her praises and spread her fame
With all our pride and joy
With all our pride and joy
Let's live up to our mission
True to our motto Florescat Concordia
Together as a family
United in perfect harmony
(repeat chorus**)
We're proud of our achievements
A credit to our college
And our nation
We'll always keep this tradition
Which binds us one and all
(repeat chorus**)
I got the lyrics from the YJC website
http://www.yishunjc.moe.edu.sg/. haha, resourceful right? It's a rather high pitched song so most of the guys voices kind of cracked. ( eh no offence guys :D) Than we played Captain's ball.. I didn't really play.. not much mood. Then we had pizza for lunch. :D not pizza hut.. canadian pizza.
Then we had the school cheers. Woah.. screaming!!! I can't really remember what cheers there were..
Then we had the mass dance. Its actually a couple dance. Quite fun to learn, haha. My partner was Elias. & we learnt the steps & danced & danced again. Quite awkward at first, but hey, I'm a dancer as well, & its not the first time dancing with someone of the opposite gender. So I was back to normal dancing like crazy, haha.
Later was CCA bazaar.. I didn't really walk round the stalls to see as I was already put into dance. I would have liked to join something else like ODAC, archery or even track & field, who knows, haha. But oh well, nevermind.. talked to my teacher in charge, & she said the school just wants to help nurture the talents of students. So didn't say much after that. Watched the guys of my OG play basketball with ruey lin and went home with Vidya.
day 3:
Talks again till about 09 35 and then we proceeded to J3-12 [OG11 classroom] to submit the subject registration forms. My combi was H2- bio, chem, maths & H1 econs, GP, chinese. Any-o-how choose one.. I just wanted to try out at JC to see see. I've always aimed for a poly course since sec 1. So you could imagine me wondering what in the world was H2 & how to choose a combi & the requirements.. I knew nothing.
We played some indoor games like the money game or something.. Where the girls would be lets say $1 and the guys $0.50. Then went the OGL wants $1.50, a girl & a guy must partner together & sit or any other possible combinations like 3 guys.. quite fun lah, haha
Then we proceeded to the hall for the house cheers. I was in Pierce house (orange) together with the rest of the OG. More screaming. Oh well, I realised that screaming was a crucial part in building up OG, class, house, school spirits & many other groups.. so I just screamed. Then we had lunch.
In the afternoon, we had the house carnival (outdoor games). There were 5 games, but we only played 3, all thanks to the naughty weather.
1st game-putting the table tennis ball on a YJC ring file & hold the strings that were attached to it & made sure the ball didn't fall as we made our way to the other side. We lost, because of bad instructions but we cheered the best so we got good points. XD
2nd game-obstacle course where 1 had to run to the skipping rope, skip 5 times than jump over 3 raffia strings, spin 3 rounds round a cone, run & dip your hand into some disgusting sauce & pick up 2 marbles[max] & run back. We did it a few times each. LOL & we still got 3rd. The first team got 100+!!! No need to say, they obviously cheated because I saw a few of their group members fall down. :( We got 86. But nvm. It was fun!!!
3rd game-5 ppl from the OG would have to tie their legs together & hop, hobble or whatever to the other 5 ppl where they would hold hands & go through a hoola hoop till they reach the 1st 5 ppl again where 1 of them would play scissors paper stone with 1 OGL till he/she reaches the last chairs & WINS. So, the 1st 5 ppl in OG11 were shawn, renzhi, rueylin, Julia & William. [we only had 9 ppl that day so our poor OGL had to help out] ok then the next 5 ppl, hummaira, abigail, ME, Elias & Wilson, holding hands in this order, played the hoola hoop game. Ruey lin was the one playing SPS with the OGL. We got 3rd again.
we nearly played the 4th game where 5 ppl would have to transport 3 injured ppl to the other side of the field, avoiding the bombs thrown by other OGs. The 3 injured ppl would obviously have to be the lightest. I was 1 of them haha. But we didn't get to play in the end because of the funny rain. Rain for 5 minutes, stop, then rain again, then stop. aiyah.. wierd weird one. :P
Then we went back into the hall where we learnt the mass dance. The song we danced to was high school musical's "Together". Nice hiphop, weeee!!! Love hiphop. :D
We walked all the way to the macdonalds at the back of the school for dinner. So far!!!
Then we went back to the school for Jam & Hop. Really fun haha, never been to a live concert before so you know.. holding light sticks & stuff, jumping, running around, screaming to each other because the music was loud.

The day ended pretty late, at least my mum went for the parent- teacher meeting so I wasn't so anxious to get home. & Thanks ruey lin's mum for giving us a lift home. :)
day 4:
We had sample lectures. I was rather attentive. :) After all, my parents are getting rather tired of me saying that I love orientation the whole weekend. Any part of orientation I would try my best to enjoy, even lectures.
Mass indoor games were next. Played many games vs OG12.
The 1st game we played was out at the track where the whole OG had to stand on chairs lined up in a row by moving the chairs towards the finishing line. The 'best' part, OGL said that the boys were generally stronger & would be able to move the chairs faster. So we had to stand boy girl boy girl.. & me, I was sandwiched between renzhi & Elias. At least I didn't have to hold any chairs, all i have to do is walk & dun fall off the chairs. This tactic is quite successful, we won!!!
Another game we played was that 2 representatives from each OG were to walk into the dark dark table tennis room ' the dungeon' to find a box filled with puzzles and bring it up with them & let the group solve. Well, we lost. The other group already finished the puzzle & the 2 guys were still stuck inside 'the dungeon'. Nah.. didn't blame them.. it was really pitch black in there. You might unknowingly bump into some foreign articles there. Dangerous.
Another game which required more running was at the squash court. ppl on top of the squash court has to throw paper balls wrapped with aluminium against the wall and 2 ppl below has to catch it in a basket. & the remaining ppl has to collect the fallen balls from the floor & run upstairs to the throwers. & i was 1 of the runners. Took off my skirt to collect the balls. i could collect more this way. haha. ppl walking past thought we were pure mad, haha. We won this game by a lot, I think by twice. :)
I remember another game something like the telephone game but we had to keep our mouths shut instead and act it out. The 1st person in the row would be the only one who sees the message and thinks of various actions and act out the message. & it'll pass down from person to person. The most awkward action that I had to pass down was "Little mermaid wearing a bikini dancing at the beach" or something like that. The problem is that it is a little pai seh to act out the bikini message to Elias. I ended up laughing & giggling. The best was that the first & last person of my OG are really good. Wilson was good in acting out the message and hanquan was good at the guessing when I can't even guess what I was acting out, haha. Quite fun.
After all the games, we had barter trade which is where we can use the duboons[like money that is rewarded to us by the playing of games] and auction for the items to dress up our pirate, wilson. we got a smart white uniform for him. That's all we auctioned for, haha. The rest was picked up from somewhere in the school.


We had lunch then the catwalk. all kinds of pirates, haha. colourful..
Then we had a mass photoshoot, forming the words YJC and we went home.
day 5:
It started off with sample lectures again & after the break, we went for the Yishun Amazing Race. We spent most of our time waiting for buses and played a few games which we lost all. OG3 is a strong game team I must say. Played with them twice and lost both times. Some encounters were not pleasant indeed. Played 3 games I think. 1 at the park[obstacle course- transporting a ping pong ball with a spoon held with our mouths.], 1 near the yishun polyclinic[2 balloons tied to our ankles & we try to burst our opponent's balloons], & 1 near the reservior[running from point to point & try to avoid the same aluminium balls as yesterday which are thrown by the opponents.].
We had all the mass dance later on, couple dance and hip hop. Danced like mad, haha. Didn't wanna go on stage for the dance queen competition, dunno why, despite encouragement from my OG, come to think of it, actually now I dun mind. haha. Fickle. In the end renzhi & elias went up, representing OG11!
That was the end of orientation. Was rather emotional & nearly teared. I had so much fun!

Me, Ruey lin, Hummaira & Julia

OG11

The Guardian angel & mortal letters. One was from Ren Zhi, the other was from Elias.
CVD day:

Rocher roses for sale!!! $2 per stalk!
P09, my YJC class, made rocher roses to sell. We sold everything!!! XD We put in loads of effort into this. We cut the straws and scraped them till our hands burnt, & lizah & I & Mdm Tay folded rocher roses till we nearly died, no la, just kidding, not so serious.. we were totally exhausted. & xinyi, Sherry, faiz glued the macaroni onto the pegs till, their hands and eyes___.. & dalvin shouted "Rocher roses $2 per stalk!" the whole day. & the rest of the ppl were made to help out in 1 way or another like cutting the crip paper and marketing the roses.
I also remember the day before CVD that we(xinyi, dalvin, jiangwei, faiz, hanquan & I) marched the CVD banner that we just painted round the track once for the paint to dry. What a sight what a sight! I was practically laughing & laughing. Oh yeah, & I remember that I knelt down on the wet white paint.. -.- So part of my knee was white.. Worst still.. we went Long John Silvers to eat later on.. LOL.. Public display of art..
CNY:
only a few ppl came.. we did chinese calligraphy the whole morning till CNY celebration. & I gave out sugar oranges to those ppl in YJC that I knew.


Guess which is mine???

Ang Bao from Mdm Tay. :D

Valentines day:
I slept very late the previous night preparing the gifts.. 3am I think.. in the end, woke up late and was nearly late for school. Thanks everyone for the valentine's gifts. :D

:D

From Doritty. :D
P09 outing:

At Mdm Tay's house.
We had pot luck there, brought so much food, hehe. I brought some cookies and Jelly. :) The food was unfinished.. Well, not many ppl had appetite that day. :/ No, we're not dieting.
At 幸福楼 Toa Payoh.
We went Toa Payoh Central afterwards as Mdm Tay had to go visit relatives. Went arcade.. My first time in arcade.. LOL. I scream at everything.. goodness me.. how embarressing.. I was probably entertaining them at the same time. Heh.
Last few days of YJC:
I'd like to thank OG11, P09, & Vidya(for waiting for me at the bus stop every morning & even risk being late for school) for making my life in YJC a memorable one. + Mdm Tay, Ms Ong(both), Mr fazli++

Us with Mr Fazli.
Gimme a Mdm Tay!
OG11- Hummaira, Ruey lin, Abigail, Julia, Hanquan, Elias, Renzhi, Shawn, Zul, Wilson.
P09- Xinyi, Lizah, Sherry, Dalvin, hanquan, Louis, Zhan Peng, Alvin, Yan ling, Hui na, Jiangwei, Jie yi, Jason, Clifford & the rest
This is a super long overdue post.. paiseh.. I typed some a long time ago.. I finished up the last part just today. kk, enjoy!!! :D
posted by: Lim Woon Ching @ 12:57 PM
+ + +
<< Home