Saturday, July 19, 2008
14-18 jULY 2008-- It's sickening to be sick..
I was SICK this week..
Monday:
Nothing much went on that day..
Food culture was presentation.. we were slacking as per normal.. since it wasn't our turn yet.. We didn't really care much then.. the pressure only built up the day before.. or maybe the night..
A bunch of slackers.. tsk tsk.
oh yes.. the sickeness this day was a swollen throat.
Tuesday:
Sickness- cough.
Some stupid virus strain in me mutated into a cough.. I had my full 8 hours sleep and more.. :( Boo to all the viruses, bacteria, pathogens and everything harmful in the world. They stink big time.
Well, anyway.. moomoo showed us this video..
It is about a cute boy trying to call "brother" but somehow it sounded like "BLOOD" lols.
The pics below are what we lame and restless ppl do when we are waiting for our practicals to start and have nothing better to do.
That's my heart-shaped hp strap.. wonder what's it doing there??
I'm double strapped.. shihui's and my hp strap is around my neck. It looks thicker than usual but hp straps do not grow fatter. They do not eat. At most they only absorb your perspiration..
More unglam pics taken by our charmaine.. All snatching for songs in moomoo's hp except me. :P
i didn't do a thing. Serious.. wonder why moomoo is clucking like a chicken here.. flapping his 'wings' vigorously..
the cow was talking to 0802's nicholas.. so we decided to make do with his back view.
What the?! Digging nose in public.Guess what we did for FS prac today??? MEAT! and beef at that. Many couldn't eat.. hehes.. so those who could (like me) helped ourselves. :P
Many of us we sick that day.. namely me, moomoo, charmaine, amir, shihui (a bit).. lols.. viruses are just so contagious.. till that moomoo kept complaining that i passed the virus to him..
oh yeah.. he calls me the 'lamb' just because i was born in the year of the goat.. but seriously.. goat and lamb are diff animals.. lamb is the baby sheep and goat is well.. another animal without wool but hair.. as i said luh.. his english has major probs..
So we (me, moomoo, charmaine and amir) were wearing this face mask.. you know.. those disposable paper ones.. lol because we were the coughing ones.. lols. cough cough* to prevent bacteria from getting to the food. See.. so thoughtful la. Athough we looked like pure idiots.. because FS0802 saw us in this mask when we went over to their room to get the icecreams from last week.. lols.. they were practically staring.. well.. anyway.. we got to taste what we made..
This is a piece of beef.
The super tough meat.
The meat in 2 beakers.. 1 which is salted water and the other in i forgot what water..
amir trying to pull apart the beef.
hahas.. tough meat man..
Shihui's aluminium onion.. LOL. other groups wrapped their minced beef into flat patties.. ours is like above.. i was laughing to see it..
our cooked meat ball from the aluminium onion.
The amount of liquid fat we drained out.. which can be seen here solidifying..
Charmaine group's meat.. in the patty form.. look at the words.. she has this funny pastime of labelling her food with words with funny meanings.
Meant for the moo.
The beef.Wednesday:
Sickness: cough + flu.
School at 12pm.. was almost late rushing that microbio lab report.. considering I need a lot of sleep.. and despite the amount of sleeping.. My condition got worse.. oh wells.. must let the virus run its course..
During microbio prac, the bunsen burners were out of gas.. so we had this substitute..
Isn't this adorable?? its fuel is alcohol. and they have unburnable threads.. lols we should have more of these.. and create birthday candles that can be reused every year.. lol. Just pour in more alcohol..Save resources! Save the Earth!
We had a fun time blowing this flame off.. lol.. resulting in saliva on the table that wasn't mine.. :ODidn't go for aikido as I was afraid to spread the virus to my partner.. and i didn't have the energy.. was seriously feeling weak.. like wasting money but no choice.. and + the amount of hw i have to complete.. the lab reports and stuff.. It's sickening to be sick.
Thursday:
During our final inorg prac for this semester.. YaY
The unique red crystals of some cobalt compound.. and the white crystals.. I forgot.. heez.
In between.. we had to do almost everything in the fume cupboard.. ammonia and stuff.. ooh.. smelt some before in sec school.. disgusting pungent thingy.. burns my nose it does.. made me cry somemore... boo.. it was 6M somemore.. goodness..And another procedure involved using a dropper to drop the solutions and stuff.. DROP BY DROP.. omg.. over a period of 5mins..
During microbio lecture.. Ms S finally erupted.. we were like late most of the time.. so yeah.. we understand.. end result? we have to go school earlier for prac.
Then crapped like a lot la.. hahas.. breaks are seriously meant for talking.. moomoo had a tummyache after that and felt sick.. so he went to the doctors and skipped the tutorials. Poor cow..
I ate my dinner at like 9pm because my bro didn't eat his and didn't bother to wake me up.. :(
Friday:
After rushing the power point the night before till 3am.. I decided to hand the rest to moomoo to complete. lols.. he slept from afternoon till like 12am?! lol. & I was in a worse condition than him.. so ya.
School ah.. 8am.. I woke up at 7.15am. And i made it on time.. hahas. my father fetched and my bro had e-learning..
than blah blah blah..
We went to the microbio lab to see our bacterial cultures.. ooh.. they smell.. when we went in.. I was so put off by that smell.. I can't believe I can still smell it when my nose was kinda blocked.. had flu la.. Here they are..
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
After the prac we had a break where we ate and rushed our food culture power point. Oh my.. I wasn't as nervous as i expected I would be.. Still nervous.. as I can talk loads of crap in daily life.. but I can't seem to crap during presentations.. its just me.. I still remember the debates i had.. I can't rebutt on the spot.. dunno why.. sigh.. useless me.. but this time I managed to remember some things that I was supposed to say.. so ok la.. some minor improvement from last time. Yay! hahas..So after that scary thing.. I went for my very first track & field training. :) Didn't feel particularly excited or nervous.. just the normal feeling that I'm gonna for a good run. So I did some warm ups with jasmine and wanwen, and we went to look for the coach for him to tell us what to do next. The seniors and the both of them had to run 500m-400m-300m-200m-100m-200m-300m-400m-500m, with a 100m slow walk/jog (dash) in between each fast run. I did a much easier one as I haven't been running long distance eversince I left YJC PAE which was 5 months ago. So I did 100m-200m-300m-400m-300m-200m-100m. a total of 1km and 200m shorter than them.
Then we had to run up those rather big steps.. 6-7 of them.. can't quite remember.. up and down 50 times. Oh my.. I'd rather run.. but it was part of training.. so i did all 50 times. Its all for my own good. :D
Gonna get my spike shoes soon.. maybe on Sun? hahas..
Here are some pics we took after training..


I can't quite remember their names yet. I will soon. Hopefully by next training. :) My memory is quite bad. hahas. But i can at least remember faces. hahas.posted by: Lim Woon Ching @ 5:09 PM
+ + +

.jpg)
.jpg)



<< Home